Follow VCS on TwitterMy Tweets
- Epic Study of U.S. Army Soldiers finds 600% increases in sleep disorders linked to deployment
- Congress Pushes to Expand, Focus Burn Pits Treatment Research
- 97 Members of Congress push for Gulf War Illness treatment research funds
- U.S. Senators Tammy Baldwin and Jerry Moran Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Expand Access to Chiropractic Health Care for Current and Former Military Personnel
- Veterans for Common Sense plus 26 VSO’s oppose Dept. of Education rule that protects predatory for-profit schools over student veterans
Monthly Archives: April 2019
(Washington – April 4, 2019) – With scientific advances now regularly breaking related to Gulf War Illness, 97 members of Congress pushed this week for more treatment research for the debilitating condition that affects as many as one in three veterans of the 1991 Gulf War.
Led by Representatives Gregorio Sablan (D-N. Marianas) and retired Lt. General Jack Bergman (R-Mich.), the bipartisan group of 97 members of the U.S. House sent the letter to the defense appropriators calling for “the necessary resources to continue this vital and effective” Gulf War Illness treatment research funding.
“By congressional design, [it] is a unique medical research program narrowly focused on the vision of improving the health and lives of Veterans with Gulf War Illness,” they wrote, calling it “a model of how to conduct treatment oriented research to address a challenging illness” that “is succeeding where earlier programs failed.”
They also noted that… READ MORE: Continue reading