Coming Soon: Research publications that may be useful for veterans’ service-connection claims with the VA.
Last updated: July 2, 2021
- Airborne Dioxins, Furans and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons Exposure to Military Personnel in Iraq. doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0000000000000771
Persian Gulf War (1990-91):
- Rates of Chronic Medical Conditions in 1991 Gulf War Veterans Compared to the General Population. doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16060949
- Mortality in US Army Gulf War veterans exposed to 1991 Khamisiyah chemical munitions destruction. doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2004.045799
- Neurological mortality among U.S. veterans of the Persian Gulf War: 13-year follow-up. doi.org/10.1002/ajim.20718
- Occupational Risk Factors for Prostate Cancer: A Meta-analysis. doi.org/10.15430/JCP.2019.24.2.91
- Environmental exposures and prostate cancer. 10.1016/j.urolonc.2011.11.014.
- Semiquantitative Chest Computed Tomography Assessment Identifies Expiratory Central Airway Collapse [ECEA] in Symptomatic Military Personnel Deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. doi.org/10.1097/RTI.0000000000000596
- Sleep disturbances among soldiers with combat-related traumatic brain injury. doi.org/10.1378/chest.11-1603
- Sleep Disruptions Among Returning Combat Veterans From Iraq and Afghanistan. doi.org/10.7205/MILMED-D-10-00440
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder among OEF/OIF/OND Veterans. doi.org/10.5664/jcsm.4692
- Prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea in patients with posttraumatic stress disorder and its impact on adherence to continuous positive airway pressure therapy: a meta-analysis. doi.org/10.1016/j.sleep.2017.04.020
- Insomnia Symptoms Among Female Veterans: Prevalence, Risk Factors, and the Impact on Psychosocial Functioning and Health Care Utilization. doi.org/10.5664/jcsm.7154
- Will Civilian Physicians See Post-Somalia Malaria? doi.org/10.1001/jama.1993.03500240029006