July 10, 2008 – Since June 9, when Rep. Kucinich’s introduced 35 articles of impeachment, the articles have remained shelved in the House Judiciary Committee. Chairman Conyers has the ability to bring the articles to a vote in the committee, but he is undecided on a course of action. In a June meeting with Veterans For Peace, Rep. Conyers promised to present his decision on impeachment in early July. However, Conyers failed to present such as decision during a meeting held with Veterans For Peace (VFP) on Wednesday, July 9. Members of VFP believe that Conyers is deploying stall tactics and that he has no intention of moving forward with impeachment. Conyers, once again, has promised to present his decision in a meeting planned for July 25.
Like VCS on Facebook
Follow VCS on TwitterMy Tweets
- The PACT Act – What Does it Do?
- VCS Statement on Passing the PACT Act
- VCS joins 129 organizations calling for increased Defense health research funding
- Veterans for Common Sense provides Testimony to Congress for Hearings on Pending Legislation
- 80 Members of Congress, 25 Organizations Call for Funding to Help Veterans with Gulf War Illness
- Calvin Binns on Sick Marines and Contaminated Water: Questions Surround El Toro Marine Air Base
- Alexlarson989@gmail.com on U.S. Senators Tammy Baldwin and Jerry Moran Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Expand Access to Chiropractic Health Care for Current and Former Military Personnel
- Helen Peel-Roelofs on Zzz About VCS
- Kenneth Cline on VA Announces Camp LeJeune Medical Reimbursement Program | Veterans for Common Sense
- Robert on Sick Marines and Contaminated Water: Questions Surround El Toro Marine Air Base